Wednesday 8 August 2007

With a month to go now until the Bead Fair in Scotland I thought I would start this blog to record how things are going as I try and build up my stock for the event.

I took a day off from beadmaking on tuesday to go and visit my friends at Retro Glass in Alloa. Rachel had been good enough to order in a stock of Bullseye glass rods for me so I now have some great new colours to play with! I also bought a couple more slumping moulds, which I'm looking forward to trying out, and some other supplies. For now though the fusing has to take a back seat as I need more beads for the fair. Hopefully things went quite well today but I still have to wait for the kiln to cool down so that I can take a close look at my efforts.

I've had a hollow mandrel for some time now and recently decided to try making a blown vessel. It was so much fun I ordered a couple more mandrels so that I could try to make more than one a day. The first attempt was pretty bad (definitely not worth a photo) but the next was a bit better.

Then came a little blue pitcher . Not quite what I was trying for but quite fun anyway.

No comments: